October 21, 2009

Izzy Wizzy, Let's Get Busy!

Tuesday, 9pm

Thought for the Day - The day you get diverted in heavy traffic on the way to work will be the only day you don't have a map in the car

Pug Status - Doing her best 'rag doll' impression when picked up

Another busy day at work but I am really enjoying it, especially the interesting project work that I have been given. I met a new colleague for the first time who introduced herself and said that she had heard that I was 'really starting to pull up some trees' - perhaps she saw me parking yesterday....

The one thing I haven't mastered is the office doors. They are access controlled, activated by a card which I keep on one of those retractable fishing-line type contraptions on my belt. I have already been caught, quite embarrassingly, trying to open the door like a quick-draw Wild West gunslinger, but it hasn't put me off yet....

I tend to forget about the doors occasionally, and haven't quite got the hang of opening the door whilst carrying three mugs of tea - however, I have mastered the art of the 'right leg lift and hop', a bit like an apathetic conga - the first time I did it I resolved not to fill the mugs too full next time....

I left Obi Pug Kenobi on the bed this morning when I got up. I haven't got the heart to drag her outside when she wants to remain warm and cosy. Besides, the scrape of her claws on the headboard as she makes a determined effort to stay put keeps waking the wife up....

No comments: