October 20, 2009

A lubricant-based Guitar Hero....

Tuesday, 9pm

Thought for the Day - Eating raw onions before a hospital visit = muttering under breath

Pug Status - Ears down and slightly narked by the current moving of living-room furniture

Just as you get into an early morning routine for a new job than the seasons conspire against you. For the first time in living memory I can't wait for the clocks to go back. It's like waking up inside a bar of Bournville at the moment....

The hardest part of the whole thing is trying to find a reluctant pug on the bed in the pitch black in order to take her down for, ahem, a morning 'visit'. Obi Pug Kenobi is not a morning dog and has taken to creeping away from my outstretched arms and burying herself into Mummy when I try to gently excise her from the toasty duvet. I gave up this morning when I realised I had left the bedroom carrying two pillows....

An interesting drive into work today. After the daily heart-ache of losing the Hertbeat FM radio signal just as I motor on to the old M10 I happened to pass one of those lorry tankers that refill the pumps at petrol stations. On the back end of the tanker it read 'Emo Oil', which got me thinking; is this either an angst-ridden lubricant that will lead me to wear skinny jeans and studded belts, or do they only sell it to people who have a 'Jimmy Eats World' album and a penchant for the colour black?

No comments: